Shutdown Plan 2021
In preparation for the 2021 Holiday Shutdown, the HR Talent Acquisition team will implement the following deadlines related to hiring all positions (excluding Division of Industry and Defense Programs). This will provide a more positive experience for candidates, while ensuring positions are posted and employees are hired successfully prior to the shutdown.
For Posting Benefit Eligible Positions or conducting a search:
- All Position Action Request (PAR) Forms must be submitted to Marketbasedcomp@wichita.edu by Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021.
- PAR forms must be fully approved and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday, Dec. 10, 2021.
- Approved PAR postings must be entered into PeopleAdmin and submitted to HRIS reviewer by noon on Monday, Dec.13, 2021.
- All Intake meetings must be completed by Wednesday, Dec.15, 2021, and job posting wording will be confirmed with hiring manager and posted by the Talent Acquisition team by end of day on Dec. 17, 2021.
- The first New Hire Orientation (NEO) of 2022 will be held on Tuesday, Jan.11, 2022. To attend this session:
- All verbal offers must be accepted by the selected candidate by Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022.
- All candidates must be cleared for hire by HR by noon on Friday, Jan. 7, 2022.
This includes, but is not limited to, compliance with Executive Order 14042 by providing proof of full vaccination or approved medical or religious exemption, successful background check completed, new hire paperwork completed, and hiring proposal approved in PeopleAdmin. Candidates who are not cleared to begin work by the deadline will have their start date rescheduled and attend the Jan. 25, 2022 NEO.
- Any pending position descriptions or requests for posting received after Dec. 15, 2021 will be handled following the 2021 Holiday Shutdown. Any offers that are accepted after Jan. 4, 2022 will be able to start in NEO on or after Jan. 25, 2022.
For hiring Non-Benefit Eligible Positions (i.e., student/grad, lecturer, temp):
- Non-Benefit Eligible Hire Request forms must be submitted to email@example.com by close of business on Dec. 15, 2021 to be processed prior to the shutdown.
- Onboard checklists and electronic personal action forms (ePAFs) must be completely approved by noon on Dec. 16, 2021 to be processed prior to the shutdown.
Onboarding includes, but is not limited to, compliance with Executive Order 14042 by providing proof of full vaccination or approved medical or religious exemption, successful background check completed, new hire paperwork completed.
- ePAFs for employees who have not completed the hire process by noon on Dec. 16, 2021 will be returned and departments will be required to resubmit the ePAF for the next available payroll period (Jan. 9, 2022).
- ePAFs will not be approved, and Non-Benefit Eligible Hires will not be processed during the holiday shutdown (Dec. 18, 2021-Jan. 2, 2022).
- Employees cannot start working until after their ePAF is approved.
For more information, contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.