Counseling and Prevention Services (CAPS) provides a variety of group counseling services to students in multiple areas of focus and concern.
Group therapy can be effective in addressing multiple challenges individuals face in their lives as well as the unique experience it provides. CAPS runs various groups per semester to address the ever-changing needs of the WSU campus, and group therapy is always free. CAPS services are available in a variety of modalities at this time.
If you think group therapy is right for you, speak to your counselor or call 316-978-4792 to set up a consultation. No appointment is needed to join support groups.
Groups are in-person at the Student Wellness Center unless otherwise specified.
Process Group: Understanding Self and Others
- 2-3 p.m. Tuesdays starting Feb. 14
- 3-4 p.m. Fridays starting Feb. 17
Support groups: No appointment is needed to join.
- LGBTQ+ Support Group: 2-3 p.m. Mondays starting Feb. 13 via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Transgender Support Group: 1-2 p.m. starting Thursday, Feb. 16. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Healing from Trauma Support Group: 2-3 p.m. Fridays starting Feb. 17. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Neurodiverse Support Group: 1-2 p.m. Tuesdays starting Feb. 14 in 225 Ablah Library (eight weeks only). Email email@example.com for more information.