Welcome back for the spring semester. As has been the case since the beginning of this pandemic, our top priority and focus is the health, safety and well-being of our campus community while delivering a high-quality learning environment. Wichita State has been and will continue to closely monitor COVID, its spread and its impact on our campus community.
Below are some reminders regarding COVID-19 safety practices and university operations. See the employee COVID guide for more details.
- The semester has begun as scheduled as listed in the spring schedule of classes. Faculty are expected to deliver courses in the format assigned to the course in the course catalog. However, we also realize these are extraordinary circumstances and anticipate that there will be situations throughout the semester that will require adaptation and temporary changes. Those situations should be addressed as they arise.
- Masks continue to be required for the entire campus, which includes students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Vaccinations continue to be the best weapon against COVID-19 as we work together to move past this pandemic. I encourage everyone to get a vaccine, including a booster, if you are able. Vaccines are available through the Sedgwick County Health Department and several pharmacies and clinics. To learn more about vaccine locations, visit the CDC vaccine finder.
- All students, faculty and staff have access to free COVID-19 testing through Student Health Services. You no longer need an appointment and instead can receive a walk-in test from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at Student Health Services. Get more information on walk-in testing. You can also see other testing options by visiting the Sedgwick County testing website.
- WSU is following updated CDC guidance for COVID-19 isolation and quarantine measures for employees and students.
- To help support and remind the Shocker community about masking, vaccines and other safety practices, a digital toolkit is available for print and download for any office or building use.
Thank you for your flexibility and grace as we work together during this pandemic.