The grand opening of Deloitte’s Smart Factory @ Wichita — right here on WSU’s Innovation Campus — got underway Tuesday, June 7, with a press conference and media tour of the facility.
The Smart Factory @ Wichita aims to advance the future of manufacturing and spur innovation through digital transformation.
Key takeaways about the experience center include:
- The Smart Factory @ Wichita assembles a first-of-its-kind ecosystem of more than 20 world-renowned solution providers, technology innovators and futurists to help solve the toughest challenges in manufacturing.
- Features a fully functioning manufacturing production line that combines cutting-edge technologies, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, cloud and edge applications, robotics, vision solutions and more.
- Supports STEM education: Plans to manufacture and donate Smart Rover STEM education kits that aim to impact 800,000 students over four years, with initial donations in Wichita, Metro Detroit and Philadelphia in 2022.
- Completely sustainable, The Smart Factory is powered by renewable resources and is net-zero impact.
- Is anticipated to draw more than 5,000 visitors to the local area over the next 12 months, including leaders from world-renowned companies.