The Academic Resources Conference (ARC), May edition is filled with expert and advanced trainings and panels to set you up for a productive summer. May’s trainings will be held fully online in Zoom from May 17-May 20 and will also include LinkedIn Learning Challenges and recommended recorded sessions from the Online Learning Commission’s OLC Innovate conference. Each day of the ARC has a predictable schedule that looks like this:
- 9:00-9:50: Vendor Hour. Each day, a representative from a different WSU-serving vendor will speak on an important issue in their industry. These are NOT sales presentations! Instead they will provide a valuable and fresh perspective on issues facing the university.
- 10:00-10:50: Rapid sessions. Some important topics can be handled very quickly. During each rapid session time slot, you will hear from different experts on 3 different topics.
- 11:00-11:50: Regular conference session
- Noon-12:50: Panel Hour. Each day, a different panel will speak on an important topic facing the university. Come hear your peers, your students, and others as they help think through these topics.
- 1:00-2:50: Regular conference sessions.
- 3:00-3:30: We end each day with a quick session that explains about something free you get for being a Wichita State instructor or employee.
If you are onboarding new instructors for summer, we are offering recorded versions of important introductory sessions like Introduction to Blackboard and Introduction to Panopto, so no one is left out! Access these recordings through the schedule page.
We hope you will join us for our May sessions. No registration is required for the conference, and it is free. We have an “add to calendar” feature for each session on our schedule page, or you can use the Zoom links you find there to enter the sessions directly. Everyone is invited to the ARC, so feel free to invite peers and interested others!