As I shared with you on Wednesday, Wichita State University has parted ways with Director of Athletics Darron Boatright, and we are grateful to Senior Associate Athletic Director Sarah Adams for stepping into the interim role.
I noted in my previous message that WSU Athletics has a bright future and so much to offer. We will work expediently but diligently to identify a new leader of our athletics program and to get that person on board as quickly as possible.
This is an important hire for our university, and while we will engage an experienced search firm to assist us in the process, I have asked six members of the Wichita State community to advise me throughout the search. These individuals all have a great passion for Wichita State, share our vision for leadership, and have the insight to assist me as I make a determination of what is next for Shocker Athletics.
I am extremely grateful to the following members of the Search Advisory Group:
- Angela Buckner, former WSU Women’s Basketball student-athlete and recreation director for Woodard Recreation Center, Fairmount Community Center and Atwater Neighborhood Resource Center
- Lynn Nichols, chair-elect, WSU Foundation Board and CEO of Yingling Aviation
- Nate Robertson, former WSU Men’s Baseball student-athlete, retired professional baseball player, Maize High School assistant baseball coach, and partner at the Candle Club and LaVela
- John Rolfe, WSU alumnus and president and CEO, Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Clay Stoldt, faculty athletic representative and interim dean of the College of Applied Studies
- Evan Wessel, former WSU Men’s Basketball student-athlete and financial advisor, Stoutheart Financial Group
I appreciate the patience and support of all of Shocker Nation as we look forward to the future.
President Rick Muma