The WSU Sustainability Council, in partnership with organizations and departments across campus, invites you to celebrate Earth Day and all of the sustainable initiatives, programs and research that are happening on campus and in our community. Join us for panels of researchers, community organization exhibitors, student and faculty research, and Earthfest on today, April 22. Events will include the following:
- Special book display celebrating sustainability and Earth Day April 22-May 1 at Ablah Library
- Virtual movie screening – Register to watch “The Revolution Generation”
- Electric vehicles and other community organizations showcasing their contributions to a greener community 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Rhatigan Student Center (RSC) (first floor).
- Student poster contest showcase 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. RSC (first floor)
- K-12 sustainability poster design display 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. RSC (first floor)
- E-Waste and shredding services – Electronix Recyclers and Wichita Shredding providing e-waste disposal and shredding (sponsored by the NetApp Green Team) noon-4 p.m. at NetApp parking lot on south east side of building.
- Welcome speech by President Rick Muma 1 p.m. at Hubbard Hall (Room 208)
- Sustainable farming and ranching panel 1:10-1:55 p.m. at Hubbard Hall (Room 208)
- Keynote presentation “Latest on Energy Technology, and Updates from Sierra Club and City of Wichita Sustainability Board” 2-2:40 p.m. at Hubbard Hall (Room 208)
- Sustainability at WSU panel 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
- Community Garden – The WSU Green Group will host seed giveaways and planting events at the WSU Community Garden 3 p.m.-5 p.m. behind Ahlberg Hall.
- Shocker New Venture Competition 3-6 p.m. at Koch Arena
- WuStock Earthfest-4-9:30 p.m. at RSC east lawn
- Beautify campus with Green Group 10 a.m.-noon April 23 (meet at Braeburn Square Starbucks)
There are still opportunities for students to share research. Topics of interest include sustainable manufacturing, climate change, green energy, social awareness, and urban planning.