The Office of Online & Adult Learning is now accepting nominations for the Adult Learner of the Year (ALOTY) Awards Ceremony. The ALOTY Award is given to an adult learner in recognition of their achievements and dedication to reaching their academic goals.
In addition to the ALOTY Award, the ceremony will include four new awards you can nominate individuals for:
- Service Award — Recognizes an adult learner who exemplifies what it means to be service-oriented through studies, work or personal life.
- Research Award — Recognizes an adult learner who has completed exceptional work in undergraduate research.
- Applied Learning Award — Recognizes an adult learner who has excelled through their applied learning experience.
- Leadership Award — Recognizes an adult learner who exemplifies leadership, either through studies, work or personal life.
Another recognition that will be awarded is the Support System Award. This award differs from the others because the student will be the one to recognize their support system.
- Support System Award — Recognizes an adult learner’s support system that has encouraged them along their academic journey.
Nominations for awards will be open until March 1. For any questions about the ALOTY Awards, email email@example.com or call 316-978-8325.