Faculty, staff, students and Wichita State partners are invited to a biomedical humanities organizational meeting from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 1 in the 262 Rhatigan Student Center, Herrman Room.
Biomedical humanities includes a wide range of scholarship, coursework and service. The following is a list of just some of the Biomedical Humanities work already in progress at WSU. Join and add additional interests to the list and help it organize and plan events for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Arts, empathy and creative practices in the health professions
- Constructs of health and disease in French literature
- Ethics of digital transformations in health care and biomedical AI
- Health equity for Spanish speakers
- History of epidemics/health-related law, public policy and constitutionality
- Human factors psychology and ageing
- Kinship care and population ageing
- Literature, medicine and diversity
- Medical ethics/sociology/translation and interpretation
- Minority heath and health equity
- Nutrition and ancient diets
- Obesity in vulnerable populations
- Philosophy of disability/medicine
- Psychology of health and illness
- Textual and medical technologies in the shaping of the representation and practice of medicine
- Writing for health professions
For more information, email Susan Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org.