Starting May 1, faculty and staff can visit the Faculty/Staff Acute Care Clinic for minor and acute medical issues only. Appointments are required for the clinic.
The clinic is located in the Student Wellness Center within the Steve Clark YMCA. Most appointments are $30 to $50 for an office visit evaluation by a Student Health Services medical provider, dependent on insurance. The office visit cost does not include the costs for laboratory services, medications or radiology services. Call 316-978-4792 to schedule an appointment.
Co-pays or deductibles are the employee’s responsibility and depend on personal health insurance benefits.
Examples of minor/acute illness/injury acceptable for treatment:
- Cough, cold, fever and flu
- Sore throats and sinus infections
- Bronchitis and pneumonia
- Allergies and asthma
- Sprains and strains that are non-work related
- Headaches and acute migraine
- Urinary tract infections
- Ear and eye infections
- Rashes and skin infections
- Minor procedures, such as ear lavages
- In-house laboratory services – rapid strep, UAs, mono, etc.
- Radiology X-ray services – not ultrasound
- Pharmacy services — with prescriptions written by SHS providers
- Tuberculosis testing
- Blood pressure checks
- Sexually transmitted infections with symptoms
Injuries and illnesses occurring while on the job at WSU must be reported to your supervisor and follow Human Resources procedures. Student Health Services cannot treat potential workers’ compensation injuries or illnesses.
WSU Student Health employees will provide medical services as licensed medical providers. They are nurse practitioners, physician assistants and registered nurses. The clinic is a Student Health Services clinic.