Student Health Services has received the new Pfizer Covid-19 bivalent booster vaccinations and is ready to start administering shots to those who are eligible.
To be eligible for the new Pfizer booster at SHS, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have completed at least a two-shot primary series of COVID-19 vaccinations using any approved vaccine, including Novavax.
- Must have received their last COVID-19 shot at least two months ago. The last shot could be a primary series or booster.
- Must wait three months after recovery from COVID-19 infection.
- Must be currently enrolled WSU or WSU Tech students, staff or faculty, household members, and Innovation Campus partners.
The new bivalent booster targets both the original coronavirus and Omicron subvariants, BA.4 and BA.5 that are causing almost all new COVID-19 infections in Kansas.
COVID-19 vaccines and booster shots are available at no additional charge to the Wichita State campus community. WSU’s Student Wellness Center vaccine walk-in hours are listed below.
COVID-19 original series Pfizer vaccines and bivalent booster shots are available at no additional charge to the Wichita State campus community. WSU’s Student Wellness Center vaccine walk-in hours are listed below.
- Monday: 9-11 a.m.
- Tuesday: 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 2-4 p.m.
- Thursday: 9-11 a.m.
- Friday: 2-4 p.m.
Please bring your WSU ID, COVID vaccine card, and completed Covid Dispense Assist Form.
To find the new COVID-19 bivalent booster, you can search for a location near you.