The 2022 Micheal Tilford Conference on Diversity and Multiculturalism will take place Oct. 6-7 at Washburn University. The theme for this year’s event will be “After Brown v Board, No Turning Back: The Future of Diversity and Multiculturalism.”
The conference provides an opportunity for those involved in education, in collaboration with community business leaders, to examine diversity in education and business by discussing the challenges and opportunities including:
- Inspire awareness of multiple dimensions of diversity, related practices of inclusion and the transformation of education.
- Participate in workshops to learn about challenges and strategies for teaching diverse populations on campuses and in classrooms.
- Share your passion for teaching and interacting with students from all backgrounds.
- Reinforce the integration of multiple dimensions of diversity into student academic and personal development components.
- Explore how these strategies and practices translate into our businesses and broader communities