Following the unanimous decision by both boards to consolidate the Wichita State Foundation and WSU Alumni Association, a task force has been assembled to determine a transition plan, guiding principles and key initiatives.
The transition task force includes:
- Laura Bernstorf – board member, WSU Alumni Association
- Shelly Coleman-Martins – vice president, WSU Strategic Communications
- Debbie Haynes – board member, WSU Foundation
- Elizabeth King – president and CEO, WSU Foundation
- Caleb Klein – board member, WSU Alumni Association
- Lynn Nichols – board member, WSU Foundation
- Dan Peare – board chair, WSU Foundation
- Mark West – board chair, WSU Alumni Association
Although there are still many details to finalize, the group is targeting to have the transition complete by June 30. The task force is facilitated by Daniel White, a senior consultant with Allen, Gibbs & Houlik (AGH), whose experience in organizational development will help identify opportunities and a path forward.
“The individuals on this task force are all enthusiastic supporters of Wichita State,” said Elizabeth King, president and CEO of the WSU Foundation. “As we integrate our two organizations, I am confident that together we are paving the way toward a bright and strong future.”