The Public Policy and Management Center (PPMC) is hiring a community initiatives manager. Applicants should have a desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others. They should also be passionate about moving our community and state forward on important issues such as education, mental health, diversity, equity and inclusion. If you are eager to help us achieve these goals and continue Wichita State University’s commitment to inclusive excellence, apply today.
The job duties and description include the following:
- Work Hours are 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday with occasional hours before or after work by project.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public administration or related field.
- Must have minimum experience of five years in public or nonprofit sector or related field.
- Must have one year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Pay will be commensurate with experience. The range begins at $70,000 per year with benefits.
- Lead community engagement and coalition projects.
- Oversee staff on community engagement projects.
- Lead diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Solicit and secure funding.
- Provide recommendations for program improvement.
- Participate with other department program service coordinators as needed.
- Must work full-time at 40 per week.
- The community initiatives manager will work at Lindquist Hall (Room 316) (Employee can work remotely after being onboarded. In-person work is preferred, but remote work is allowed due to COVID protocols or personal needs.)
For more information, contact 316-978-6526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.