The search for WSU’s new executive vice president and provost position is under way. A search committee with shared governance representation from academic affairs and other constituencies has been formed.
The committee members are:
- Dr. Whitney Bailey (co-chair), president of Faculty Senate and Athletic Training Clinical Education coordinator, Human Performance Studies
- Werner Golling (co-chair), vice president of Finance and Administration
- Kathy Downes, dean, University Libraries and associate professor
- Dr. Marche Fleming-Randle, vice president, chief diversity officer and director of Military and Veteran Programs
- Gabriel Fonseca, Staff Senate president
- Dr. Linnea Glenmaye, associate vice president, Provost Office
- Kamilah Gumbs, vice president of Student Government Association
- Dr. Teri Hall, vice president of Student Affairs
- Dr. Andrew Hippisley, dean, Liberal Arts and Sciences and professor
- Vijay Matheswaran, graduate student
- Dr. Doug Parham, chairperson and associate professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Fiffy Petty, executive assistant, VPFA
- Jeff Pulaski, director of the School of Art, Design and Creative Industries and professor
- Jodie Simon, associate educator and undergraduate coordinator
- Sheelu Surender, Staff Senate
- Dr. Sheree Utash, president, WSU Tech
- Dr. Gergely Zaruba, interim director and professor, School of Computing
Academic Career & Executive Search (ACES), an executive search firm, has been engaged to assist WSU with this important search. Jennifer Muller, managing partner and senior search consultant, will lead the ACES team.
The search committee had its kick-off meeting on Nov. 11, with President Muma joining the meeting to give the committee its charge.
Muller and the ACES team met with the search committee via Zoom on Nov. 23 to discuss various aspects of the search and search process.
ACES will conduct its work and present candidates for the search committee to review at the end of January 2022.
Ideally the new executive vice president and provost will be named in April 2022, with a starting date no later than July 1, 2022.