What is a first-gen student?
A first-generation college student is defined as a student whose parents or legal guardians have not completed a bachelor’s degree. A student who is the first person in their immediate family to attend a four-year college or university to attain a bachelor’s degree.
- FORM-A-LINE: Become a subcommittee member of First-Generation Coordinating Council (FGCC). FGCC is looking for individuals to join. Currently seeking subcommittee members for the following:
- Faculty and Staff Engagement
- Data and Assessment
- Graduate School
- FOCUS ON FIRST-GEN: This week we highlight Bobby Berry, Ed.D., assistant professor, Department of Sport Management assistant professor, and The Fuse director.
- F1RST-GEN T-Shirts are available in the Rhatigan Student Center Shocker Store for $12.
- If you’re interested in being featured as a first-generation profile, contact Lydia Santiago.